Facilities and services
A comprehensive range of services
Right in the heart of town, the Port of Morlaix offers all the public and private services that seafarers count on: port facilities, post office, banks, shop, bars and restaurants. Several nautical companies operate within easy reach.
Boat hoisting, launching and maintenance
- the local shipyard has a 70-tonne crane for hoisting
- cradles are available for chocking
- a hard standing area of 350 m2 is available all year round
- it is equipped with water and electricity supply points
- the constant water level of the port facilitates quayside boat maintenance.
Waste sorting and recycling
Water quality is dependent on the efforts of each individual:
- run-off water in the hard standing areas is treated by a lamellar clarifier/settling tank
- waste-sorting bins in the careening area facilitate the collection of battery cells, oil, oil filters, dirty rags and painting materials
- yachtsmen are welcome to use the marina toilets and washrooms
- from January 2013, it will be possible to empty household wastewater (dishwater), sanitary wastewater (toilets/washrooms) and bilge water into designated tanks on the service jetty
- near the harbour office, three bins facilitate the sorting of other waste (glass, recyclable materials & household waste).
- 16 amp power hook-ups and drinking water supplies (¼ turn taps) on all jetties
- 32 amp power hook-ups near the locks and in the careening area
- diesel pump on the service jetty
- cradles are available on request; operators on site will be able to help you get your boat out in or out of the water
- 5 showers and 4 toilets, accessible to PRM, are provided near the harbour office
- free car park, unmanned
- free WiFi access
Access for persons with reduced mobility
Access to the marina for persons with reduced mobility is restricted to the toilets/washrooms.
Passeport Escales (berth-share scheme)
The principle is simple: the port encourages you to sail around by offering overnight berthing in other participating ports, such as Roscoff Marina. In exchange, you declare your periods of absence: your berth can then be rented out to visiting craft. You get the most out of your sailing, and benefit from advantages offered by nautical companies and tourism providers.
More information available from the harbour office.
To find out more